Hello everyone, let us catch up with all the fresh news that filled our cricketing world today.
- – England’s David Malan replaced Babar Azam in the top spot of International Cricket Council (ICC) Men’s Twenty20 batting ranking with 877 points, 8 more than Azam. Malan topped the batting chart with 129 runs in three innings against Australia in the recently concluded three-match Twenty20 series.
- – Australia retained No.1 spot in ICC Twenty20 team ranking with a five-wicket win against England in the last Twenty20 match of the three-match series.
- Trinbago Knight Riders and St Lucia Zouks booked their place in the final of the Caribbean Premier League 2020 with a comfortable win. Sandeep Lamichhane remained wicket-less for the first time in the tournament as his side Jamaica Tallawahs knocked-out of the competition.
- England announced their 14-man squad for the One Day International (ODI) series against Australia.
- Eoin Morgan (c), Moeen Ali, Jofra Archer, Johny Bairstow, Tom Banton, Sam Billings, Jos Buttler, Sam Curran, Tom Curran, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Jason Roy, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood
- Australian women cricketer, Beth Mooney is the leading run-scorer of this calendar year in Twenty20 International so far. She has scored 467 runs in 11 innings at an excellent average of 58.38. India’s male cricketer, Lokesh Rahul is in fourth place with 323 runs in seven innings.