Let’s check out the top news of the day below. From IPL’s schedule to Ian Bell’s retirement, we tried to cover the most highlighted news of the day below.
- Happy Birthday to Bangladesh’s emerging pace-bowler Mustafizur Rahman turns 25 today. He was named in the ICC One Day International (ODI) team of the year in his debut year, 2015.
- Jamaica Tallawahs faced a seven-wicket defeat against Barbados Tridents despite Sandeep Lamichanne’s 1-26 in four overs.
- Ian Bell announced his retirement from all forms of professional cricket by the end of this season. He has a contract with Warwickshire till 2021 but he decided to quit a year earlier. He has scored over 7,000 test runs including 22 centuries.
- Happy Birthday to the most stylish Pakistan’s batsman, Saeed Nawar. 52-Year old averaged 45.52 in his 55-match long career.
- BCCI announced the schedule of Indian Premier League (IPL) 2020 on Sunday (today) with Mumbai Indians facing Chennai Super Kings on opening clash. Matches will be held in three venues, 24 matches in Dubai, 20 in Abu Dhabi, and 12 in Sharjah. There will be 10 double-headers in this edition of IPL.
Also, check the importance and significance moments of Nepali Cricket on the auspicious occasion of completion of 24 years of their international cricketing journey.